Friday, May 13, 2011

When you're with me, I'm smiling

Today is my first day sporting straightening iron curls, which they show very nicely in the November 2009 Club Night video (for Dressing Your Truth members only). I recently bought the Type 1 flatiron, after NOT buying it for many months, hoping the curls would work. I've been realizing that curly hair is much truer to my nature. That explains all the childhood bad perms I used to force my mom to give me. Not that all of them were bad - just the one where mom took me to the local beauty school and they truly cooked my hair until it was finished. It was because I wanted it to be reeeeally curly, and then I was mortified afterward with how curly it was. There was no way I could hide the fact that I had a curly head, and I was quite embarrassed about it. Now I'm embracing the curly head and the extra movement it gives me! Love it!


I was in a bit of a wardrobe rut, and was wearing outfits you've already seen on the blog. The same ones. Over and over. Part of it was needing to get unpacked from moving (still can't find my favorite brown skirt, but I'll keep looking...), and part of it was probably just being tired. But here we have a fresh Friday outfit for you, with several pieces never seen before! I used to love this white button up shirt with its little silver metallic stripes. I found it professionally, but also sparkly. Oh, and this skirt. I wore it to a good friend's wedding last summer in the park, with a billowy white shirt, and I love it. It is a little snug though, and it's a tiny challenge to walk gracefully while wearing it. All in a day's work though.

Cheers! Happy Friday!

The skirt's embroidery
The whole me. Ignore the fact that the button up finds itself to be too short, and flips up a little.

 
White with metallic silver stripe button down shirt: Hillard and Hanson (some department store circa 2003)
Aqua T-shirt: Costco
Gold flower necklace: Dressing Your Truth
Gold springy bracelet: Dressing Your Truth
Teal cotton skirt with white embroidery: Prana (Amazon.com)
Gold buckle flats: Fossil (Maceys)

Title: Lady by Styx

No comments:

Post a Comment