Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 3: Mixing Prints

Day 3 of the 21 Day Challenge

Today's theme is Mixing Prints. I found I had to differentiate between prints and textures, because I was all pumped to bust out some different textures together. But, then I remembered they are actually different things. Thus was born the flower skirt and the flower shoe.
One word about the flower shoes. I just got these from Francesca's Collections, a site I actually like for their accesories, and these shoes are miserable! I ordered a half size smaller than my foot size, because it's all there was, and it turns out even ordering small, these shoes are not stiff enough to actually stay on my feet! I put them on this morning, and couldn't even get to the living room without them falling off!

So I tried my new pair from Nordstrom's Rack, some nude flats with rhinestones. By the time I arrived at my desk, I had blood dripping from my heels. A few bandaids from my coworker and I was able to hobble through the day, but let's just say I'd rather be barefoot today!



Jute and mother of pearl necklace: Amazon
Redish orange T: Nordstrom's Rack
Brown studded cuff: Kohl's
Red, pink and white flowered skirt: Thrifted
Poorly-fitting red flower-print shoes: Francesca's Collections

2 comments:

  1. The flower shoes are really cute. Too bad they didn't work out for you. I was dying to get out of my shoes by the end of the day, too, but I think I was just on my feet more than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! You look great anyway, and you're a trooper for getting the photos even though the shoes didn't work out. So...hooray for bandaids?

    ReplyDelete