Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down

Hoo-rah! I love that I feel like my closet has hit "critical mass." You know, that point where you have enough of the right clothes that there are almost endless possibilities? Pretty enticing for a Type 1, eh? 

What do you think about how many clothing items you need? Especially as a Type 1? I feel like it was a challenge to get there, especially because I have to wear skirts 6 days of the week. Finding Type 1 skirts can surely be a challenge, but I feel like I've found some good ones. My best luck of all has been thrifting actually - I find great ones all the time, and many more that aren't in my size.

Type 1ism of the day: I remember Marcy talking about being a Type 1 and looking up at the sky. How centering it is for a Type 1. I completely agree. I'm the girl you find in the park, laying on my back and watching the clouds move. Since I work on the 5th floor of a high-rise office building, there's a great view of downtown. Too bad I don't have a window of my own. But there's a particular one I like to wander over to in the afternoons and look at the clouds against the mountains. This is a great way to center yourself as a Type 1 - go look out the window, look UP for a few minutes, and you'll feel a lot better. Ready to tackle your over-booked day! :)

Got this great skirt while thrifting on Saturday, along with the striped one I wore in the last post. I'm also wearing my Como Italy belt - I got it at the street market there in September. I've always wanted to pull off a belt like this, and I feel like this is my first success attempt. I balanced it with the gold necklace, and the sparkly skirt. I think not having a patterned shirt made it easier. Oh, and it's a little weird to say, but these type of belts fit best/work best when you have clothes on that aren't "giving you a muffin top" at all. Keep an eye out for that one :)!

Here's the sparkle detail on my skirt
This is the great hip belt I got in the city of Como, Italy. I was there in September for work, and we stopped at the street market to look around. This was my prized find. And, I finally feel like I am wearing it "correctly." Yee-haw!
 
Brown corduroy jacket: AMI at Costco
Purple T: Costco
Gold flower necklace: Dressing Your Truth store
Purple circles bracelet: Dressing Your Truth store
Gold hip belt: the street market in Como, Italy
Brown organza sparkle skirt: Thrifted (Old Navy)
Brown ballet flats: Nordstrom's Rack


Title: Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve

No comments:

Post a Comment